Guide on PCSO Medical Assistance Coverage for Sick Filipinos
PCSO MEDICAL ASSISTANCE COVERAGE – Here is a list of what is covered under the medical assistance program of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO).
Apart from being known for its lotto games, the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) is also popular for its medical assistance program. It has helped a lot of Filipinos during their time of financial needs due to a medical emergency or situation.
The PCSO Medical Assistance coverage is wide. You may refer to the list below for what is covered under the program:
- Hospital Confinement – Patients who are currently admitted or have been discharged from the hospital but left a promissory note due to a hospital bill balance
- Dialysis – Patients who are undergoing dialysis treatments like Hemodialysis and Peritoneal (Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis or CAPD)
- Cancer Treatment – Patients who are undergoing cancer treatments like chemotherapy, radiation therapy, brachytherapy, radioactive iodine, stereotactic radiosurgery or gamma knife
- Medicines – Financial aid including the anti-rabies shot, factor 8 and 9, psychiatric, post-transplant, post operative, antibiotics, and intravenous immunoglonulin (IVIG)
- Surgical supplies, laboratory and diagnostic procedure
- Implant – Patients who need bone or cochlear transplant
- Medical Devices – Patients who need medical devices such as pacemaker device, septal occluder, Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) devices; assistive devices like wheelchair, hearing aid, pulmonary apparatus (rental of ventilator or respirator), prosthesis like arm, leg, or eye
- Non-invasive and minimally invasive procedures – Patients who need to undergo Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL), Laparoscopic surgery, and Endoscopic procedures
- Transplant procedures – Patients who need to undergo kidney transplant and liver transplant
- Cardio procedures – Patients who need to undergo pacemaker surgery, congenital heart surgery, coronary artery bypass graft, aneurysm surgery, peripheral bypass surgery, percutaneous coronary intervention or angioplasty, diagnostic procedures for Coronary Angiogram or Cardiac Catheterization
- Rehabilitative Therapy – physical, occupational, and speech therapy
With regards to the requirements in applying for medical assistance to PCSO, you may visit – Requirements for PCSO Medical Assistance – List of Documents You Must Submit.