Guide on Requirements for DSWD Burial Cash Aid for Application for Assistance
REQUIREMENTS FOR DSWD BURIAL CASH AID – Here is a list of the documents needed in applying for this type of cash assistance to the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
In the Philippines, one of the government agencies that cater services to a lot of people daily is the Department of Social Welfare and Development. More commonly called DSWD, it has several programs and one of them is the Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situation or AICS which includes the Burial Cash Assistance. What are the requirements for DSWD Burial Cash Aid? You can check below.
The AICS was crafted for Filipino individuals and families who are in crisis situation provided that the beneficiary has not availed the said assistance during the year and is a certified indigent by the Barangay Chairman where he or she resides.
Here are the requirements for DSWD Burial Cash Aid application that you need to prepare and submit:
- Registered Death Certificate
- Funeral Contract
- Barangay Certificate or any valid ID
- Permit to Transfer
- Referral/Endorsement Letter from legislator, if applicable
- Social Case Study report from LGU (optional)
How to Apply for DSWD Cash Assistance?
- Go to the nearest main office or branch of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) and get a stub number and register your name with the guard on duty.
- Go to the CIU office and wait for your number to be called.
- Undergo an interview or assessment over the DSWD Burial Cash Assistance needed.
- Wait for the result of the application for assistance and the review and approval of the DSWD Officer-in-Charge.
- Claim the cash assistance.
With regards to the DSWD processing time, if it is cash outright, you will get the assistance as fast as a maximum of 45 minutes per client. If it is a guarantee letter or referral letter, you will get it between 15-20 minutes. For check, the processing is three (3) to five (5) days.